Sarbanes-Oxley Readiness Consulting
Public companies must comply with the financial disclosure and internal control requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 and related Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) rules. Private companies preparing for an initial public offering or who seek to improve internal controls would also benefit from SOX compliance.
Sousa & Weber can help companies with their compliance needs as well as guide audit committees and boards of directors with establishing appropriate corporate governance procedures through:
- Internal controls documentation and evaluation services – document internal control environment, test and evaluate control effectiveness, assess risks, remediate inefficiencies and recommend a plan for improvement and continuous monitoring
- Board of director/Audit committee services – effectiveness assessments, director education, whistleblower programs, codes of conduct evaluation and compensation structure reviews
With experienced professionals that specialize in risks and controls, Sousa & Weber offers skillful interaction among your audit committee, management team, existing external auditor and internal audit group. We help companies reap benefits such as:
- Effective evaluation, documentation and sign-off procedures to support management’s design and operation of the internal control system
- A foundation from which to start looking at enterprise-wide risks, based on the recognized COSO standards
- Improved oversight by the audit committee and board of directors
- Increased efficiency, effectiveness and overall functionality of the internal audit function
- Experience and accredited professionals using an industry-recognized framework and risk-based methodologies
Contact us today for a free SOX compliance consultation!