EMPLOYEE BENEFIT PLAN AUDIT
It is more critical than ever for you to engage an accounting firm with extensive experience in the specialized area of employee benefit plans auditing. As a plan sponsor and fiduciary, you are charged with keeping the future retirements of your employees safe, and with increased public scrutiny and ever increasing regulatory requirements, you need professionals from a firm you can rely on.
At Sousa & Weber, we understand the risks you face in association with the auditing of your employee benefit plan. Our team of professionals uses practices and procedures to assist in the appropriate recognition of plan net assets in the plan’s financial statements. And our services are provided in a timely, efficient manner, with a reasonable fee structure.
The firm has had years of practical experience auditing hundreds of plans for commercial, not-for-profit and governmental organizations nationwide. Our professionals are available firm-wide to assist plan administrators and sponsors with audit services for a wide range of plan types such as —
- Defined benefit pension plans
- Defined contribution pension plans
- Profit sharing plans
- 401(K) / 403(b) plans
- Employee stock ownership plans (ESOP)
- Health and welfare plans
- Multi-employer plans
- Plans with 11K filing requirements
A Sousa & Weber employee benefit plan audit, performed in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards, involves an approach tailored to your circumstances including consideration of your plan’s documents, operations and compliance requirements. Sousa & Weber professionals add value and insight based on their extensive experience. Our service team may, in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards —
- Test participant account balances
- Test investment valuations for full scope audits
- Verify that eligibility and hours of service are being properly determined by reviewing payroll records
- Verify the timely deposit of employee contributions
- Review plan loans and hardship withdrawals
- Determine whether plan contributions comply with provisions of the plan document
- Confirm employer contributions for multi-employer plans
- Review methods used to allocate defined contribution plan contributions to participants
- Review actuarial assumptions and calculations used in defined benefit plans
- Test benefit payments and review methods of computation and payment
We want to help you add value to your employee benefit plan and meet regulatory requirements with quality auditing and advisory services. Our depth of knowledge, combined with experience and outstanding service, gives you the insights and opportunities you demand.
When you count on Sousa & Weber for employee benefit plan auditing, you can count on insight.